Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

05 November 2022

Mortified: Missed Sitting

For the first time in several years I recently faced the indignity of missing a sitting.

As you might expect for a genuine oversight, the first thing I knew about it was when the Rota Unit dropped me an email to enquire about my whereabouts.

I immediately replied, holding my hands up, admitting my mistake and apologising for any inconvenience or disruption caused. Of course people do phone in sick on the day, but at least that gives a couple of hours notice of their absence.

As it goes, I was due to sit in one of our smaller courts so my absence could have caused a lot of unnecessary hassle on the day. In busier courts there is often the potential to jiggle the benches about, but at a venue where only one bench is sitting that isn't possible. The only bit of good fortune is that I was due to sit as a winger, so it was slightly easier to plug the gap than if I was in the chair.

I have now printed out a hard copy of my rota and stuck it to the fridge door, so hopefully I'll not be so forgetful in future!

1 comment:

  1. Unless of course your Bench Support Team move you to another court without informing you which does sadly happen. Moral: Always check Rota the night before!! Doesn’t help at all of course if you didn’t realise you were sitting in the first place (oops)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making a comment. We love to hear your opinion on what we write, be it positive or negative. Unfortunately, due to previous abuse of our comment system, it is necessary for us to approve each comment before it is published. We will only approve comments that are well composed. Please only enter your comment once and wait patiently while we approve it.